Topics for an Argumentative Essay
According to the definition, an argumentative essay is a piece of writing focusing on some particular issue to make arguments for and against it. An argumentative persuasive essay can defend or attack a particular point of view.
If you are searching for interesting topics for argument essays, it’s beneficial to brainstorm and evaluate how controversial this or that topic is. The best topics for an argumentative essay are those significantly dividing people’s opinions. Students can get the highest grades if they manage to write an impressive essay and prove their points on such topics. When it comes to the argumentative essay format, you should keep in mind that apart from your ‘for and against’ points you need to provide a good conclusion highlighting the arguments proving your claim. Besides, you can add your own ideas to put a creative touch and come up with points no one has ever thought of before.
Try to choose topics that are of great interest to you, so it will be easier for you to make your arguments persuasive. In addition, writing an argumentative essay may turn into an exciting process, especially when working on your conclusion. Still, the tone of your paper should be neutral enough to show understanding of opponent opinions. But your argument should always be stronger than a contrasting one.
Below you will find good topics for an argumentative essay that you can support or challenge:
- Global warming is a fault of humanity;
- The Atkins diet is good for your health;
- The United States embargo against Cuba is good for the US economy;
- The music business looses millions on illegal file sharing;
- Grants for education should be based solely on academic performance;
- Boarding schools are better for students;
- Unhealthy foods should be banned to reduce obesity;
- People using unlicensed software should be prosecuted;
- Gender stereotypes are changing rapidly nowadays;
- Using products of nuclear energy is a viable alternative to fossil fuels;
- All geniuses suffer from psychological disorders;
- It’s vital to ban rainforest logging immediately;
- Multiple choice exams are better than essay ones;
- Social networking is bad for teenagers;
- Cigarette promotion should be illegal;
- Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki was justified;
- Internet usage has a negative influence on the human brain;
- In-video ads on YouTube should be banned;
- The hippie culture was not about love;
- Tests and exams should be eliminated in the US schools;
- Violent computer games have a strong effect on young adults and teenagers;
- Fair trade products need promotion;
- Will stores disappear in the nearest future?
- Should the government imply censorship on the Internet?
- Master’s Programs are not essential anymore;
- Should we stop watching TV?
- Is advertising in public places effective?
- Going green is essential to save the planet.
If you need a good example of a custom argumentative essay, you can buy one online for a cheap price.